Last updated: November 12th, 2018
Welcome to Filosano!
- About the Filosano Site
- Collection, use, disclosure & sharing of information we receive through the Site
- Our data security practices
- User choices, opt-out & information removal
- How to contact us
1. ABOUT THE FILOSANO SITE
Filosano provides an online marketplace for users to purchase sustainable products sold by vendors listing through the Site (“Vendors”). Users may browse or search the Site to find items about which they wish to gather information and to identify items the User may wish to purchase. To purchase an item, Users submit an order through the Site to the Vendor selling the item the User wishes to purchase. The User then provides payment information to a third party payment processor who processes payments. The applicable Vendor will then ship the purchased item directly to the User.
2. COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE & SHARING OF INFORMATION WE RECEIVE THROUGH THE SITE
You directly provide us with most of the information that we receive about you, including information that can be used to identify or locate you (“personal information”). However, we might also receive information, including personal information, about you or your devices (any such information we receive about you, “User Data”) through:
- Cookies and web beacons placed on your device or other tracking technologies, which we use to enhance navigation on the Site, recognize Users and their access privileges and track site usage and trends in order to improve the quality of the Site and our Services, and to customize your experience on the Site.
- Third party advertising cookies and web beacons placed on your device or other tracking technologies, which may collect information regarding the pages you visit and the products you purchase but which, as further described below, we will not link to any personal information that we receive.
Types and Sources of Information Collected
Information You Provide Directly
Registration &Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Site or ordering products through the Site, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address and gender. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes of communicating with us.
Cookies and Other Technology. Like many websites, the Site employs cookies, web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) and other tracking technologies.
- Cookies are small data files that are stored by your internet browser on your computer or other device and allow us to recognize you as a User when you return to the Site using the same computer and web browser. One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you’ve logged in to your User account. The next time you visit the Site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing User so you will not need to log in before using the Services. Another type of cookie, called a “session” cookie, is used to identify a particular visit to the Site. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to assist us in providing the Services. When you visit a website that uses Google advertising products, such as AdSense, or that includes +1 buttons, your browser automatically sends certain data to Google. That data includes, for example, the web address of the page you’re visiting and your IP address. The same is true when you visit a site that uses Google Analytics, a product that helps website owners to understand how visitors engage with their sites. Similarly, apps that partner with Google can send us information such as the name of the app and an identifier that helps us to determine which ads we’ve served to other apps on your device. For more information about how Google collects and processes data, please visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- We may also use third party advertising companies to help tailor Site content to Users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, the Site server automatically recognizes the internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your IP address, internet service provider and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes. An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.
Information Use, Disclosure and Sharing
Use of the Services
We will use the information that you provide to us on the Site for the evident purposes for which we request it and you provide it.
Registration &Ordering. We will use the information that you provide to us during the registration process to maintain your user account information, allow you to order and Vendors to ship you products, allow you to pay for products, track your order history and return requests and keep items in your cart. We also use this information for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Site and for internal marketing purposes. We use information regarding your country of residence to help us comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service and technical support. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Site’s content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. We may de-identify your personal data and aggregate it with information provided by other users in order to provide or improve recommendations to Users. In order to facilitate such use and the other uses described in this section, we may share your information with affiliates under Filosano’s control.
Communications with You
We will use your personal information, including your email address, to communicate with you about the Site and your orders, billing and payment, deliveries, past purchases, returns and reviews, to provide you with technical support information, to answer your questions, to solicit feedback from you and serve you with advertising and product or promotional offers and to provide information about environmental sustainability or sustainable lifestyles. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance).
We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except as follows:
Provision of the Services. Like most catalog and internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose only the information they need in order to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver a product to you, we must share your personal information, including your name, shipping address, email and phone number, with the Vendor offering the product you have ordered. We and the Vendors partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party.
Advertising. We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not personally identify you or any User.
Safety, Security & Compliance with the Law. User Data may be disclosed to third parties for reasons of safety, security or compliance with the law under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to comply with government reporting obligations for legitimate purposes such as tax reporting, in Filosano’s discretion.
- When we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations, subpoenas, court orders, search warrants or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law;
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- Where we believe that the Services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud and credit risk protection and reduction;
- When we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; or
Certain Business Transactions. User Data may be sold or transferred in connection with certain business transactions.
- In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or are involved in a bankruptcy, User Data may be among the assets transferred.
3. OUR DATA SECURITY PRACTICES
Measures We Take to Protect User Data
Security Measures. We have designed and implemented physical, electronic and administrative procedures to protect against unauthorized access to or use of your nonpublic User Data. We use Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology to transmit your nonpublic personal information across the Internet. We also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate.
No Guarantee of Non-disclosure. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our security measures. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to User Data, we are not responsible for the acts of those who may gain unauthorized access and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access. By visiting the Site and using the Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Your Role in Data Security
Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access your account on the Site, which you select at registration, should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. After you have finished using your account, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our site with your name and account information. Remember that any information you voluntarily disclose online in any public forum may be collected and used by others without your permission. Further, if you provide any information to parties who operate web sites that are linked to or from the Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review those sites’ policies before revealing any sensitive information.
Regardless of the safeguards or other precautions taken by you or us, “perfect” security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your nonpublic User Data, we cannot guarantee complete security, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You transmit such information at your own risk.
4. USER CHOICES, OPT-OUT & INFORMATION REMOVAL
You can make these requests or terminate your account by emailing us at info@Filosano.com and providing your username and the email address associated with your User account. Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information to us.
You Must Be 18 or of Legally Minimum Age to Use Our Services. You must be of sufficient legal age to enter into binding contracts in order to register for and use the Services or access the Site. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us at the email address provided below to delete the account and any associated personal information. You may learn more about protecting children's privacy online by visiting www.ftc.gov/kidzprivacy.
Information Removal for California Residents Under the Age of 18. We are required by law to notify you that if you are under the age of 18, reside in the state of California, and are a registered User, you may request and obtain removal of personal information posted on the Site unless (i) that information was posted by a third party or (ii) another provision of state or federal law requires that we maintain the content or information. In certain situations, in lieu of removing such personal information, we may elect to de-identify the personal information. Removal of personal information by us does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the personal information from the Site. To request that your personal information be removed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your username and the email address associated with your User account, and please specify that you are a minor requesting removal of your personal information.
Those who access or use the Services or the Site from other jurisdictions do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law.
- Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States or other non-European countries in which you may access the Site or use the Services may not be as stringent as that under European Union privacy standards or the privacy laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US
Effective November 12th, 2018