Tiger Melon Bow Tie
This bow tie was made by hand with love in Rwanda. Your purchase is empowering refugee women in East Africa, and helping to close the gap in living conditions around the world!
Features of the Transformer Bow Tie:
- 100% African kitenge fabric
- Cut, stitched, and finished by hand in Rwanda
- Colors are navy, yellow, turquoise and white
- Finished with polished black hardware
- Available in pre-tied and freestyle
- Children's fits neck sizes 8" to 14" | Adult's fits neck sizes 12" to 20" (men's XS to 2XL)
Take care of this baby.
This tie is made with kitenge, a batik-style wax cotton fabric indigenous to East Africa. It is firm, but softens readily to the shape of the wearer with use. Pressing it for just a few seconds with a hot iron will give it a crisp, clean finish. Dry clean to remove stains or residue.
More about kitenge fabric.
Kitenge is complex and gorgeous textile. To create these bold, stunning patterns, a design made of wax is stamped or brushed onto the fabric, then dipped into a variety of dyes to produce intricate, multicolor patterns. It can take months to complete a single piece.
The designs, symbols, shapes and colors are influenced by the many diverse regions of East Africa and beyond. Some patterns are made to signify cultural background or social position, while others are designed simply to elicit an attitude or convey a mood.